Pages

Freshen up with spray paint

Friday, September 7, 2012
Freshened stuff! 
For my move to Louisville I wanted to use pieces of furniture and knick-knacks that I already had laying around. But the last thing I want is for my new place to look thrown together (frat house style is not in). To make sure my things look new and fresh we decided to have a spray paint party. we started out with a 90's brown/black lamp (think sponge technique), a brown flower pot, a cheap black frame, and an orange foo-dog. 

Boring pot/frame/finished foo-dog
The lamp we sprayed a matte black , it only took one coat and I am obsessed with how it turned out. The frame, pot, and foo-dog took a couple (okay like 4) coats but they look like new pieces now. I plan on using the pot for a topiary (one of my new obsessions). The lamp shade is from potter barn outlet and makes this lamp very versatile. There are a ton of cool colors and finishes available in spray paint so I'm sure this won't be the last spray paint party you'll see us have.


After 1 coat

0 comments:

Post a Comment